Do you have a passion for adventure travel? Are you always planning your next adventure? Are you inspired by BC’s raw, rugged and natural beauty? Do you live to be outdoors? Do you believe the best nights’ sleep happens in a tent? Are your hiking boots always at the ready? Does paddling all day in search of Orca sightings sound heavenly to you? Do you have the experience and credentials to lead wilderness expeditions?
If the idea of sharing the wonders of British Columbia with other adventurous travelers brings a smile to your face, then we’d like to talk to you! As EcoSummer continues to grow we are always on the lookout for qualified adventure guides to help us share the beauty and magic of British Columbia with our Orca Camp and West Coast Trail guests.
A job with EcoSummer will be unlike any you’ve ever had. If you’ve got what it takes to turn moments in the wilderness into lifelong memories for our guests, tell us your story and your qualifications, we may have the best job in the world for you.
Lead Guide - Summer, 2016
As our base camp lead guide you're responsible for all camp and on-the-water operations for our multi-day Orca Camp kayak tours. If you have your ACSKG Full Guide or SKGABC Level III certification, if you live to show why our slice of BC is the best place to see Orcas in the wild, and if you can cook a mean campfire meal, keep spirits high when the weather is low and can teach our guests to paddle for the pleasure of just being on the water, we'd love to talk to you. As Lead Guide, Orca Camp here's what you can expect:
- Spend the best part of your summer kayaking and camping at our private base camp along the rugged coast of northeast Vancouver Island
- Provide in-camp and on-the-water leadership to our assistant guides and international guests
- Play host to visitors from around the world and Canada who have come to experience the wonders of kayaking in the realm of Killer Whales
- Manage the day-to-day operations of camp life - clean-up duties, provisioning supplies between camp departures, aiding in pre-trip briefings, and more
- Put your cooking skills to the test preparing meals and snacks for our guests
- Act as camp photographer and liaison with Ecosummer's sales office
- Assist in setting-up base camp at the beginning of the season and dismantling it at the end
We're looking for experienced guides with excellent people skills that will help drive our guest satisfaction ratings.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills:
- excellent leadership skills with the ability to communicate well with international guests as well as staff
- teach basic kayaking skills to each group of new arrivals
- safely lead groups through the Johnstone Strait providing interpretive narration on flora, fauna and marine life
- be in top physical shape to allow for full time paddling
- In the event of an emergency guide must be able to rescue clients, provide first aid and organize individual and group evacuation
Work Term: July to mid-September, 2016
Guiding Area: Johnstone Strait
Show us your video clips, resumes or CVs - and tell us why you'd be the perfect candidate for Lead Guide, Orca Camp. info [at] ecosummer [dot] com (Email us) by March 31, 2016.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those most qualified will be contacted for a personal interview.